This past month our Project Management teams have noticed a lot errors coming from Excel or Azure DevOps when they have tried to open queries in Excel or update Azure DevOps work items via excel. The errors have not been consistent but here are a couple we've noticed so far:
- Excel is running into problems with the 'azure devops add-in' add-in. If this keeps happening, disable this add-in and check for available updates. Do you ant to disable it right now?
- Excel is running into problems with the 'tfcofficeshim.connect.16' add-in. If this keeps happening disable this add-in and check for available updates. Do you want to disable it now?
- Error in Excel to get Work Items: TF80083 Team Foundation could not retrieve the work items.
- VS403191: There was an error attempting to open work item(s) in Excel: TF80012: The document cannot be opend becuase there is a problem with the installation of the Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Office Integration components....
We had to delete the Cashe from two different locations.
- Close Excel
- Delete all contents from within these two folders:
- %temp%\Microsoft\Team Foundation\
- %localappdata%\Microsoft\Team Foundation\